July 30, 2010

Something New


I've always been told to write something simpler on my blog, because not everything I write is clear. Something more trivial was asked for. Now that's something I never paid attention to.

What ensues further is a brief conversation, over chat with a very dear friend and its all about the simplest and most often the first thing we ask "What's up?".

It is a post that goes out to everyone who reads it but most importantly to Smruthy Nair, a dear friend, a song writer, poet, and also the co-writer of this post! Cheers to her!

Here goes a post that does more justice to my Blog Title - "Frivolous Babble"


What’s up?

Anything new?


No Nothing


No scandals?

No new sandals?

No new hair tangles?

Not new love handles?

E'er wonder newness could be the way you blink...

Or even as mere as a new found drink...

Sometimes the newest is a jokey wink...

And to me news could also be a new pen’s ink...


No, I'm stuck to all that is old...

Everything new is off the sale or already sold


Now everything old is not second rate...

And new could also be something old sold of late...

It could be a great feeling with a rising sun...

Or bumping of head and a concussion

That’s as much I want to know...

A new verb, noun, adjective now in your tow


Off late everything has been just same,

Like they've been before...nothing has changed...

No bump on the head or concussion so to say.

Everyday nowadays just feels the same...

But oh! There is this little thing I forgot...

It is something that has made a little excited to start...


A spark in the dark seems always fresh

And now you might have a story to mesh...

So speak if the spark is worth talking about...

Or wait until the whole story is worth your shout!


Oh! It’s nothing to get so overexcited about...

Anyway the story goes this way...

I've a performance, a dance show so to say...

I'm happy that I'll be dancing once again...

For it always brings to my face a big grin


Now there's something more au courant...

Better than talking about a new 36" waist pant...

And surely much better than you usual boo hoo hoo and rant!


Now this is something I cannot stand...

I don’t crib always, You better understand

Anyway forget that tell me something about you...

What has been happening in your world, I want to know too...


With your previous statement, I don’t agree; let’s put it to vote...

And it took you, to tell news so fine,

25 lines of poetry - a point worthy of note...

As goes for me... I take every day as it comes...

And keeping chatting with You amongst other random bums...

For me that’s ample news to spread about...

And I'd rather keep my stories for times we meet...

Lest, there creeps in a hint of doubt...

Doubts arising from incomplete saying...

And news arising from my random straying...


It’s not like I don’t know of your thousand affairs…

The sadness of it is something I seldom bare…

For you are true to your vagabond way…

And my displease is not going to keep your flings at bay.


Aaah! That complaint...

A triviality on which

You practice restraint...

I say my roving eye is worthy of more elaborate anecdote...

And you complaint a proof of the way you dote...

Let’s put this up on blogs quote unquote...

‘Cause it also to me is news... news we wrote!


PS - When i asked her, if i may put this up on my blog, she said -

"Go ahead if it worthy to be placed amongst your work of art...

Then I think I might have made it to your heart"


12 comments:

The Right-err said...

Awww...Isn't it wonderful the way we wrote and it all started with nothing, absolutely nothing at all...:) Love our conversations...no one could have done it better...:):*

Supriya Dutta said...

This is Brilliant... such an interesting conversation is something that we rarely come across...and this is definitely is a news to see two persons weaving their words so beautifully...

Apurva and Smruthy, you both deserve an applause... :)

Viraj said...

Jus the absence of the word 'my friend'
Makes this post beautiful, afreen to golden :;

Nodi said...

Long ago i became fascinated with the nonsensical proes of a brilliant guy, after reading those again a few years letter i started thinking are these really nonsense? or they have some deeper senses which we can't grasp, i still am confused. This post today brought a feeling akin to that, the guy i mentioned previously is Sukumar Ray

Devesh said...

One does need to think for words while commenting on something like this. The playfulness here between you and your friend reminds me of a song from Pyaasa 'hum aapki aankhon se....'
Cheers to your friendship that made all of us read something which is so rare now - intelligent conversations.

AppuApe said...

@Everyone - now i know i am surrounded by ppl who understand friendships (which truly is a blessing in these days)

@Smruthy - Kudos i say!! For many more such randomities!
@Supriya - Something just clicked today! Thanks from me and Smruthy!
@Viraj - tere comment ko main samajh gaya! Thanks mate! and thankfully that absence was not at all intentional!
@DD - Such compliments are hard to carry, and i'll try my level best, non-sensical or otherwise, frivolities are truly breath taking experiences. :)
@Devesh - true true! Shall pass on the compliments and reap more out of you! :D Playful indeed is the word for our friendship!

Viraj said...

Of course duda it waznt intentional...my second line stands above da first.
Da comparison waz unintentional too...it waz jus to reflect the magnificence of the matter i felt.

pal said...

super cool.... the chat is super amazing.... u guys r great ya.... i wish i could chat like that... lovely....

Appu... it was long pending.... and now am here... i do not understand the blog mechanics so much... bt i guess i would understand once i am into it...

read mot of ur posts here... loved all.. seriously.... and i bow down to you when u rite in hindi.... seriously... luv ya... want to read much more...

dawg said...

brilliant stuff :)

vidu said...

This is so cute:) It is better than the best of stuffs i have read so far...so original and simple!
Great job u guys!!

Cheers to friendship!!:)

Unknown said...

Aaww my gawwwd.... This one specially is just too good yaar!!!
WHat rithm, what rhyme, and soo meaningful...
Appu and Smruthy...genius... :)

AppuApe said...

@ Everyone - Thanks a ton!! Always good see ppl appreciating frivolities!! :P

@Pallo - Well yeah, it was long overdue! thanks, and would like to hear more from you!

@Sohini - I knew you would like it!! I told mehul this too!! :P