February 26, 2010

The Silhouette - II

...And then the lights went dim,
And the Silhouette grew faint,
I scampered just to touch it,
I couldn't lose something so daint!

That silhouette of someone dear
Was what kept me on toe,
Never to give up
In every high and low...

That silhouette of someone dear
I lost in no time,
And now I sit and ponder,
Neither reason nor rhyme...

That silhouette of someone dear
Was what made me strong
And it's absence now tells me,
It was always I who was wrong...

That silhouette of someone dear
Kept me warm in cold,
Now I see the days
When the silhouette itself seems cold...

That silhouette of someone dear
Has moved Farther every instant,
And pinching my soul every moment,
Is how i let it get so distant...

That lost silhouette was dear,
It had made me relent...
That lost silhouette was dear,
And now i do repent...
That lost silhouette was dear,
Is now also a dear cost...
That lost silhouette was dear,
And i have finally realised - I LOST!

6 comments:

Viraj said...

Sounds like Himesh

Riddhi Parekh said...

Some how ur hindi poems are much better put together than english ones... Bt u can always keep trying.. this one felt a little bit to pushed n streched..

AppuApe said...

@Riddhi - i'll take that as a compliment... am more native to the language!!
as for the critique... i know this one aint the best!! :) keep commenting... always welcome!!

Arti Jalan said...

I like your english poetries more because I can not completely understand Hindi..and when I manage to figure out the literal meaning I definately cant reach the meaning between the lines and actually your hindi peotries give me a complex that I should know my mother tongue thoroughly.Anyways koshish jaari hain seekhney ki..:)..!!
The poem looks little stretched at places but I still find it perfect and I could relate to it very well..:)..!!!
Keep penning.:)

THE REBEL!!! said...

This one is my personal favorite. Love the way it flows :)
keep it up my boy!

AppuApe said...

@Arti
Thanks a lot... and about the complex that you feel... well writing in hindi seems to be a dying art and i would like to keep writing just so i can keep it alive!! Don't worry its not as far fetched as it seems!
@The rebel
Wow! for something like this to be a personal favourite... sure seems an achievement to me!! Thanks a lot... always good to hear from you!!