August 9, 2011

Sunny side up!


I've seen it a million times,
Stark and dark, flared and mellow...
I've seen it in every way,
Bright or dull, red, orange and yellow...

I've been through its ups and downs,
Borne its wrath, sorrow or glee...
And whether it is warm, sprightly or aglow,
I've always seen it as a part of me...

To it my faith, my religion, my love is bound.
It seems what revolves round it, is this world of mine...
It is its center, its tither, its soul, its shrine...
And though it is beyond my reach and greatly unbound,
It still is close, for it, to me, is divine...
And to it, myself, I do entwine...

Call it a ball of gas,
Or the life giver,
The blanket of warmth,
Or my lucifer.
It is young,
It is bright,
It sets,
Yet it brings me light...

I say it is my whim,
Others call it a fact...
I worship it in silences,
And pull a non-believer's act...
They call it an emotion,
I call it my one...
Riddle me a thing,
Is it my love, or,
Is it the sun?



5 comments:

vidu said...

Like the touch of philosophy here...
The way you weave your thoughts is brilliant!


I truly believe that 'love makes the world go round'...
If you are unhappy within, no amount of 'light' outside is helpful,
It's quite the other way round...
Guess dat answers ur riddle:)

Radhika Ghanwani said...

Such a beautiful thought, loved each n every word of it!

AppuApe said...

@Vidu - Wow! Frankly... that sort of made me think a lot more!! :) Thanks

@Radhika - Thanks a ton!! :)

Devesh said...

Deep indeed !!
Makes me think too bro ...

AppuApe said...

@Devesh... Danke Danke... It serves the purpose now... doesn't it... evoking thought is important... giving it direction is your onus!! :P Another Profound one there!!