January 6, 2011

Futility Complex


Over a night unslept

When thoughts run amok

As soft as wax, yet,

You turn as cold as a rock…

Realise…

‘Tis Futile!


Driving it away

Till you could no more,

Differ for the same person

Adore and Abhor…

Realise…

‘Tis Futile!


Handing the pain

To someone else

Albeit, kept the wounds

Within yourself…

Realise…

‘Tis Futile!


Listening always to the voices

Unheard, Unshown

Seldom finding them

To be your own…

Realise…

‘Tis Futile!


As you let your mind

Slip into a tender dream…

And soaked in the feeling

Of letting out the steam…

Nothing left restless

Silence nor scream…

But this time,

Realise…

‘Twas Futile!


8 comments:

Supriya Dutta said...

You play so well with words.. Like best in the bestest way possible.

Megha said...

Ah yes, futile indeed.

vidu said...

As alwayz well written!

Nodi said...

Always realized that futility is the crux of life, never realized beforehand that futility is probably the most calming sensation as well, this is the coolest one so far I have read from you.Keep it up my Neo Baltimore, now you can challenge the central Dogma of metaphysical and psychological development as you have understood it too well

Radhika Ghanwani said...

Beautiful thought,loved reading it!!

AppuApe said...

Thank you all for the compliments!!
The comments make me believe everyone figured something in it (personally)!!
@Priya - I've heard differently... from you... in the same context!! :)Thanks a ton!
@Megha - I guess you got what i was saying/talking about!
@Dibyadarshi - "I" myself am a living example of the challenges i pose to the "dogmas"... so i guess that isn't too surprising!! :) Thanks a ton!

Devesh said...

Better late than never bro, so here it goes :

When I first read it I don't think I really got it :-p Now, at 12.30 AM when I am at peace with myself and read it once again ... I love it !
To sum it up, from the song Romeo and Juliet - "when you gonna realise it was just that the times was wrong" ...

Devesh said...

time*