October 10, 2010

A shot at Haiku

Well, for starters it has been a very long time since I wrote Haiku. So one fine day I decided I should! That's the basic idea of it all... what follows are very disjointed and completely isolated, mutually exclusive expressions. Read on!

Held it with snug ease
Cold ceramic with warm tea.
That is my best friend.
*Inspiration - Tea, friend, warmth.
*Was listening to - Juno OST - "Anyone else but you"


Her hair turns grayer,
As I do too, yet for me,
Ne'er forgets prayer.
*Inspiration - Mother
*Was listening to - Grandma's wheezing


Metallic Swishes
Slits, hacks, sheds all in it's way.
Motherly Wishes
*Inspiration - Durga Puja, Kill Bill
*Was listening to - Kill Bill OST - "Flower of carnage"


A Dream Full of Nymphs
Always Just Pleasure, Never
The same as Just Love
*Inspiration - Greek Mythology (Iliad), Love and Lust
*Was listening to - "Adagio in C minor" by Yanni


It Ticked for many Years -
Unchangeably So, Yet it could not
Change the Change - The Time.
*Inspiration - Time and the dynamics
*Was listening to - Clock ticking

15 comments:

Unknown said...

"Always Just Pleasure, Never
The same as Just Love"
Ah! Love the play of words. Oh, and what a thought! :)

"Cold Ceramic with warm tea" Perfect.I shall think of this when I have tea next. :)

Supriya Dutta said...

Love..love...love....

1st: exude warmth
2nd and the last one: amazing...
3rd: i loved the way you brought these two together...

loved it... :)

Humbhi said...

Hai-ki?

2nd:- superbly exprssd and rare.
4th:- taking it 2a diffrnt level.
5th:- this is the best "through my angle"

Overall isolated expressions but joining to make day !

SillySneha said...

Your posts always make my day! :)
Love the last one the most!
Happy Haiku writing to you!

Traveller said...

For starters, love the concept of the post :)

Each one is unique and what makes them more awesome are the *inspiration and *was listening to info :)

My favourite? The first one for obvious reasons :)

And as you can see couldn't stop smiling throughout! :)

- Chai Partner

AppuApe said...

@ Megha - Finally a comment!! Thanks a ton... hope for more from you!
@Priya - Danke danke danke!! :D
@Humbhi - tumhara username dekhe gana yaad aaya - "HUMBHI aga BACHE hote..." agar kya... 'humbhi' uncle bache hi hain!! :P
Thanks btw...
@Chai Partner - i really did wish u were here, when i wrote that!! :)
@Sillysneha - Keep reading to many more days to be made!!

vidu said...

Enjoyed reading all of them...
really nice:)

Pree said...

Isn't it amazing when those little things we use everyday, words, can create such wonderful ideas?

Ah, to be a player :)

Devesh said...

The youngest friend I have,I see
in his writings many a hue.
Appu it's a pleasure reading you.

Samir Saxena said...

Amazingly different.. I absolutely love what you write... for this post: the third one is my favourite.. the connection is so profound.. I just love this post!!!

AppuApe said...

@Vidu - Thanx a lot!! Glad u liked it.
@Pree - They are rather powerful aren't they now!! :)
@Devesh - i sure am glad - both for your comment and you having changed it... :D
@Sam - Thanx... keep em coming! :)

Nodi said...

1st: - “Cold ceramic with warm tea” Oozing with lukewarm thought, gives a comfortably numb feeling
2nd: - “As I do too, yet for me…” Subtle self-consciousness blended with gratitude
3rd: - Too good to comment, still “Ya devi sarbabhuteshu, matrirupenah samsthita”
4th: - “Never the same as love” – Least last lost lust
5th: - “Change the change – The time” – How did you know this!! This is the sole reason I never wear a wristwatch :)

AppuApe said...

@Dibyadarshi
"Subtle self-consciousness blended with gratitude" - even i wudnt have described that better!!
as for the last one, well time is a funny thing and everyone has their own musings with it!! So what i said may mean one to you and other to others!! :)

Thanks a ton!!

Rajani said...

Dude!! How old are you?
Your posts don't cease to amaze me!
2nd stanza is my favourite!:)

AppuApe said...

@Rajani
Am just abt as old as i look... :)
I hear your comment loud and clear!! :)

Thanks a lot!! Keep coming back for more!!